Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Feline™ is formulated to provide total wellness for both cats and kittens. Cats are true carnivores and so they crave protein from high-quality sources like turkey, chicken, herring, salmon and whitefish. Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Feline™ is formulated to provide this high-protein nutrition with a taste your cat will love. Along with protein, there's a healthy mix of vegetables and fruits, which contain antioxidants important for everyday optimal health. Vitamins and minerals help support your cat's immune system. This grain and gluten-free diet is a healthy alternative and is sure to be one your cat will enjoy.
Primitive Feline™ is 100% guaranteed for taste and nutrition.
These delightful dinners are produced in a human-grade facility using many of the same ingredients and processes that are used in "people food".
- Formulated without grain or gluten, this special formula is ideal as a high-protein, grain-free alternative diet.
- Quality protein sources, such as turkey meal, chicken meal, herring meal, salmon meal and whitefish meal, aid in building and maintaining your cat’s muscle.
- Proper levels of calcium and phosphorous help ensure that your cat or kitten gets the right mineral balance to build and maintain strong teeth and bones.
- A strong immune system is supported through a powerful blend of antioxidant nutrients, like Vitamin E and Vitamin C, along with wholesome vegetables & fruits such as peas, apples, blueberries, carrots, spinach and cranberries.
- Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for a cat's immune and nervous systems, while also supporting healthy skin and coat.
- Taurine promotes vision and heart health
- Made with high-quality ingredients and processing technologies, Primitive Feline™ provides excellent digestibility and nutrient absorption.
Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Peas, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Pea Starch, Pea Protein, Flaxseed, Natural Flavors, Pea Fiber, Dried Eggs, Pacific Whiting Meal, Dried Apples, Dried Blueberries, Dried Cranberries, Dried Carrots, Dried Spinach, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Taurine, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, Calcium Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sufate, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product.
Crude Protein, Min 40%
Crude Fat, Min 18%
Crude Fiber, Max 3%
Moisture, Max 10%
Calcium Minimum 1.2%
Phosphorus Minimum 1.00%
Magnesium Maximum 0.10%
Taurine, Minimum 0.20%*
Vitamin E. 300 IU/kg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 100mg/kg*
Omega-6 Fatty Acids, minimum 3.40%*
Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Minimum 0.80%*
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
Calorie Content: (M.E. Calculated, as fed) 3,755 kcal/kg, 395 kcal/cup
Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Feline™ is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Taking care of your cat's overall health starts by feeding him properly. We suggest using this chart as a guide.
- Adjust amounts accordingly over time. Please remember these portions are averages and will vary according to age, activity, size and temperament of your cat.
- When introducing Primitive Feline™ to your cat's diet, mix increasing amounts of Primitive Feline™ with decreasing amounts of the current food over a one-week period.
- During gestation and lactation, feed two to three times as much food as recommended in the Daily Feeding Guide for the weight of your adult cat.
- Kittens start to eat solid foods at three to four weeks of age and should have free access to moistened food from this time until weaning (6 - 8 weeks).
- Moistened food should be one part warm water with three parts Primitive Feline™.
- You may keep Primitive Feline™ before your kitten at all times; most kittens will satisfy their nutritional needs as their appetite dictates.
- Have clean, fresh water available at all times.
Cups of Primitive Feline™ to Feed Your Cat Each Day
|Weight of Cat (lbs.)||Cups per Day|
|4 - 6 lbs.||1/4 - 1/3|
|6 - 9 lbs.||1/3 - 2/3|
|9 - 12 lbs.||2/3 - 3/4|
|12 - 15 lbs.||3/4 - 1|
|15 - 20 lbs.||1 - 1-1/2|
Cups of Primitive Feline™ to Feed Your Kitten Each Day
|Age in Months||Cups per Day|
|1-2||1/4 - 1/3|
|2-6||1/3 - 3/4|
|6-12||3/4 - 1|
A standard 8 oz. measuring cup holds approximately 4.8 ounces of Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Feline™.